[MUSIC] Evol




After waiting an extremely long time, Evol has finally arrived on the scene. Their debut track is "We are a bit different" and I must say it's pretty good.

For a rookie group this entire album is really good. It definitely keeps you entertained and most of the songs are head bangers.

The MV I would say is the only downfall..It has nothing to do with the song. The songs sounds like a track you'd hear in a club but the music video is military themed, it's honestly a bit weird. Nonetheless the mv was ok for a first.

The styling and make up was a bit...Meh. But I don't think anything is worse than BB and their gorilla jackets. So I survived but the makeup did make them look like drag queens in some scenes. They were still gorgeous just a bit TOO dark on the makeup.

The actual title track is pretty addictive. That alib-like chorus is no joke and I like how Sohee is front and center unlike most leaders where you can't tell who's the leader.

They showcased some pretty amazing vocals too and of course Juni's rap skills are up to par.

I see A LOT of people saying magnet should have been the title track because 'We're a bit different' isn't hip hop enough. I mean it's definitely true. I wasn't expecting this as their title, I was expecting Magnet but 'We're a bit different' is good enough for me.

Just the fact that the other songs on the album is so charged with rapping is all I need to be satisfied. So in my opinion they did pretty good. It's their first album and every songs is really well-produced and executed. Remember they're rookies they have a long way to go.

I also love how they separated themselves from the 'Female Block B' title. Not that I minded but I'm sure they want their own identity.

I'm officially a Voller. Well I've been since forever but I needed proof that they were awesome and I got it.


No comments:

Post a Comment