[RANDOM] K-pop, K-dramas, Koreans


So lately I've been seeing a lot of ignorant comments on Korea and Koreans and frankly I think we should clear some things up lol. Everyone needs to really stop making it seem like all there is to Koreans is K-pop. And that every time you meet a Korean you can spazz with them (or over them).

Ok first off, I have a lot of Korean friends from Korea and let me tell you, they not only rarely listen to kpop but international k-pop fans know more about K-pop than your average Korean seriously. When I first met my friend Mina she straight up told me she barely listens to or keeps up with K-pop. It wasn't until I had met A LOT of other Koreans until I realized "Do they even really care for K-pop?" When you ask them "Is K-pop really popular in Korea?" they answer with "Hmm yeah." (my Korean classmate from Korea asked me who BEAST was a day later)

One of my friends told me the reason why her and a lot her of friends don't obsess over k-pop as much is because they didn't have time to with school and everything. She said her parents told her to focus on studying instead of k-pop. If you really think about it, if k-pop was apart of my everyday life (if I lived in Korea) I wouldn't give a shit about K-pop. Just like how I have NO IDEA what's going on in American music and I LIVE AROUND IT. It's because I live around it that I don't care. It's normal to me. I don't know who's new or what song is number 1 right now. I just listen to whatever is popular or what's playing.

That's exactly how most Koreans are towards K-pop.

Out of all my Korean friends only ONE of them is up-to-date with Korean pop culture let alone K-pop. Most Koreans don't know who's hot, who's new, the most they know is BEAST, Big Bang, SNSD, Wonder Girls and Sistar (as far as newer groups go, they love Sistar and B1A4).

And forget about international Koreans (Koreans from other countries). Yeah they may know OF K-pop but trust me the average international Korean doesn't know what your talking if you start spazzing over the latest BEAST song ok. Some of  them just despise K-pop.

Another thing is people need to stop being ignorant as far music genres go in Korea. I remember someone saying "There are other genres in Korea other than K-pop? O.O" Um yeah there are =__=

And on a last note, Koreans are like a fucking rainbow. Stop assuming that they are similar to what you see in K-dramas. All Koreans are NOT prissy, cute, and naive (they're all really nice to be honest, some of the nicest people I've ever encountered, their manners are like amazing). But some of them are Blacker than me. Ghetto as fuck. Yes I'm talking about the ones that LIVE in Korea too.

I'm not saying that ALL Koreans (native and international) don't know much about K-pop but most of them that I've encountered (online and mostly offline) don't obsess NEARLY as much as international fans.

So yeah let's stop being ignorant pricks ok?


No comments:

Post a Comment