[SPECIAL]Then&Now: SNSD


SNSD, you either love or hate them but they're still number one. I personally love them but I have to admit in their early days I wasn't a big fan. In fact, I had a huge dislike for them. I thought they were just horrible actually; personality wise and music wise. But I've come to really love these girls because they have literally evolved over the several years they have been promoting, as people and as musicians.

Into the New World
Around this time I wasn't a fan of them. Like I said I didn't even like them. I frankly wasn't paying attention to them around this time either. I don't even remember SNSD debuting. I was too busy with DBSK. But basically SNSD was a batch of 9 young fresh faces. Don't they look like babies haha. I don't remember 'Into the New World' being a huge hit, if it was I would have known who SNSD was at that time. The first time I ever heard of them is when they were caught up in all those rumors so I didn't get a good first impression of them. The first song I ever heard by them was 'Kissing You' and I kinda liked it.

But they still annoyed me. They were too girly and didn't have enough sass for me.

Gee
I think we all know what song put SNSD on the map. Whether you liked them or not, you couldn't get this song out of your head. It dominated the charts for weeks and weeks, which is hard to do in the constantly changing kpop industry. We honestly thought this song would never stop winning. Gee was catchy, fresh, fun, cute, and just addicting. 
It's the song that made me notice them and it's the song that started the SNSD craze. It's the song we're all still jamming to even till this day. But even though this song was really good, a lot of people still hated them. And this song just fueled the hate because it made them a bigger target. Now they were not only cutesy but they were becoming the most popular girl group in Korea.



Genie
I think Genie was the first time that SNSD showed they could be a little sexy. The main complaint that SNSD started to get as they got older was that a lot of haters would say they were too old to be doing girly songs. Genie was the first song where they showed some sex appeal. I mean c'mon what's not sexy about 9 Asian girls in short Marine/Pilot outfits and pumps singing about granting your any wish. I really started to like them at this point because they showed me they were more than just 9 girly suck-ups.


Oh!
The next big hit to come from SNSD was Oh!. They pulled yet another catchy, fresh, fun song out of their magic bag. The song easily swept the charts as their previous songs did. I, along with many other people, loved the song. It was super fucking addicting and that second verse kills me every time. However, no matter how good this song was, I was still wishing they would move on to more mature songs. The cutesy thing was starting to get really boring REALLY fast.


Run Devil Run (Oh! Repackaged)
This is the song that officially made me somewhat of a Sone, if you can call me that. Even though this song was basically a remake, it's still the song that turned me into a SNSD fan completely. I still think this is their best song till this day. I also think this is what marked the end of SNSD's cutesy days. From here on out they were a lot more mature than their previous songs.


Hoot
Hoot was not one of my favorites and I don't think it was as big of a hit as their other songs. The dance is what was so fun to me. I think it's the first SNSD dance I actually sat and learned. But the image and song wasn't too girly at all. They definitely didn't return to their old image. The Hoot image was actually quite sexy.


SNSD Enters Japan
SNSD's 1st full-length Japanese album is considered, by most Sones, to be their best album period. I can sorta kinda agree. From the albums that I have heard this one is definitely the best. I can't name one song I've heard from this album that is bad. It includes the super addicting and well constructed Mr. Taxi and Bad Girl. Bad Girl which is probably my favorite Japanese track from SNSD. Every single one of their original Japanese releases were very well done. Although their initial entrance into Japanese with the remakes was annoying and weak but hey all the groups did it.


The Boys
The Boys is one of those songs were the fans are 50/50. Some loved it some hated it. I remember running to my school library with my friend and spazzing my ass off 20 minutes before class. It was a great song and a great album. Not their best but it was sufficient. It might have been a bit disappointing to some because it was a full-length album that had a lot of anticipation.


SNSD has come from a group of 9 young ladies to a group of 9 beautiful women. We've literally watched these girls grow up on the stage. Whether you like them or not they are a force to be reckoned with in Asia. They are undeniably (maybe?) the top girl group in the entire continent. Even if you've never listened to their songs, you've probably heard of them or have seen at least one of them somewhere haha. Many people still to this day don't like them even if they've grown up and started to produce mature music, which was the only complaint in the first place. People just find a new reason to hate them. But eventually it's hard to resist them. You eventually end up converting like myself.





3 comments:

  1. food games
    basketball free game
    soccer games 2019
    Your posts are exactly what I am looking for. They are informative and useful. I am able to learn more new things and knowledge. It's good if you upload articles frequently. Thank you for sharing tips and insight.currency converter shopify

    ReplyDelete
  2. jogos io gratis
    friv free online juegos
    2 player games for boy
    I was surfing the Internet for data and went over your blog. I am inspired by the data you have on this blog. It indicates how well you comprehend this subject
    This content is simply exciting and creative. I have been deciding on a institutional move and this has helped me with one aspect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All are required to attend strike. In the event the show is selling extremely well, Sunday 2/25 will be used to add a matinee and extend the run. Currently, there’s only a small chance we will extend. Because of weather, sales may be down - and Thursday has not sold well at all. A decision will be made by Friday morning 2/23 (if not before).
    kizi 4 girl games
    jogo io online
    friv com school

    ReplyDelete